Why Pay to Volunteer in Nepal? Well, you aren't paying to volunteer. Read on.
I don't know what "volunteer placement companies" charge or how they spend the money. Like you, I'm also not always sure what they charge for. I do know exactly what we charge for, and it's all about supporting you as a volunteer, keeping you safe, ensuring a quality program for you to volunteer with and being there every day, all day (and night by the way) to make sure that whatever you need to have a successful time in Nepal working as a volunteer. Here's our list of what's included in our costs and take note, not a single item is a fee or cost for volunteering, it is 100% about providing you support, a clean place to live that's also secure, good food and of course, our all-girl staff throws in unlimited smiles for free :-)
- Airport pickup.
- Same-sex, shared room housing.
- Breakfast and dinner daily prepared from farm fresh local items.
- Filtered water for drinking.
- All bedding including sheets, blankets, pillows, towel.
- Transportation by local bus.
- 24-7 staff support to assist you with the culture, language.
- Assistance with how to navigate the country and ensure your safety.
- City tour while in Kathmandu and housing while in Kathmandu.
- Unlimited smiles at no additional cost.
- Unlimited hi-speed wi-fi in Kathmandu
- Netbooks or laptops in Kathmandu